As with any good celebration, thinking about the souvenir baptism to present the godfathers and the guests is one of the most important steps in the organization of the party. After all, a moment as special as this deserves to be remembered with great affection for years.
Of course, because it is a religious ceremony, you will not be able to deliver fuzzy baptismal souvenirs. The colors and even the details of this gift should be soft and delicate, so that everyone will always remember the baptism when they look at it.
Thinking about all these issues, I’ve separated +80 simple, personalized christening souvenir models that you can learn how to do yourself to inspire you. Check out and write down the main tips to make sure you don’t miss this important choice!
How to choose the souvenir model for christening?
When choosing the souvenir model for christening, you don’t have to consider whether it is a boy or girl christening. Neutral souvenirs work for everyone.
You don’t have to deliver anything too expensive either, simpler options such as trimmings, mugs, sweets and even custom keychains are options that work very well for a little girl and boy christening.
To characterize the little souvenir of baptism, use super delicate elements, such as little angels, mini thirds and the holy spirit. There is no mistake!
Baptismal souvenir for godfathers and godmothers
Handing out a christening gift to godparents is a way to honor them on this very special day for the family. After all, godparents are also important people and parents they trust.
You can make more of a personalised christening remembrance, as the godfathers and godmothers will keep the gift as a souvenir for many years to come. Think of custom towels, pretty thirds, a custom mdf box with their name on it, and even a champagne with custom packaging.
When defining the colors of these personalized christening reminders, prefer the softer and more neutral tones. In the case of the above christening souvenir, navy blue was a great option, as it is not a very vibrant or eye-catching color. It is elegant and subtle.
TipTo further excite the sponsors, you can also write a special text thanking them for the important role they have in your child’s life. Then, just paste the text into the personalized christening reminders.
What do you put in the christening gift box?
- Custom towels;
- Sweets with the theme;
- Mini third;
- Comic with the child’s picture;
- Decorations for home;
- Drinks with personalized label;
- Perfumed handmade soaps;
How to make a souvenir of christening
If you have DIY skills, then you can invest in the different techniques of how to make souvenir christening. Crochet, decoupage and even handmade soaps are great alternatives for you to deliver a simple and beautiful christening souvenir in every detail.
That’s why the first step to learning how to make a souvenir is: choose the kind of souvenir you want. It is according to this choice that you can calculate the amount of materials and time spent making every detail of it.
If you want custom boxes, for example, you will need wooden boxes, sandpaper, paint to paint the boxes and also the elements inside. To make a souvenir of simple crochet christening, you will only need the thread, needle and the graphic to follow the step by step. So think carefully about what kind of souvenir you want to make.
Below, you can see other examples of christening reminders that are easy to make:
Little souvenir of christening in eva
The little souvenir christened in eva is cheap and you don’t need to be an expert in handicrafts to make it. Just cut out each color of eva with precision and paint the details afterwards. Check out how to make a souvenir christened in eva for inspiration:
- Choose the design of your little souvenir from eva;
- Cut the EVA accurately in each of the colors. You can use both scissors and stylet, use whatever is most practical for you;
- Glue him with the glue specific to him, creating layers with each of the colors and according to his design;
- Wait for the glue to dry;
- You can use the fabric ink to make the details of your little souvenir and make the design more beautiful and delicate;
- Finish by gluing a small piece of magnet behind the christening souvenir, so the guests can put it in the fridge.
- Put the souvenir in a nice package and that’s it!
The little souvenir of the felt christening is super delicate. And you have the option to put a light filling on your felt souvenir or to leave it straighter, like the EVA one. This choice will depend on the design you want to make.
Generally, the little angel is the best to use in the souvenir of baptized in felt. Besides being easy to do, it is a beautiful representation of baptism.
To make a little souvenir of christening girl like this one above, you will need: different colors of felt, scissors, acrylic blanket, needle and a little bit of paint;
- Choose which souvenir model to christen;
- Use the drawing template to cut out the corresponding colors of each part of the souvenir;
- If you want to put a filling on the piece, you will have to cut the front and back parts of the souvenir;
- Turn the felt inside out and close the edges with small dots. If you prefer, you can glue it too.
- Leave a space to place the acrylic blanket and leave the souvenir of the felt baptism more “fluffy” and soft;
- As soon as you fill in and finish all the parts of your little angel (or other drawing), just put the parts together to form the drawing and paste/point;
- Now you just do the details with fabric ink and satin ribbon and pready!