One of the dearest traditions of the Brazilian is to gather the family around the table to share the Christmas supper. With very typical dishes and an outstanding decoration, the Christmas supper is really very important.
1. The Christmas dinner table when well-decorated makes people feel even more welcome. Photo by Amara
If you have not yet hosted a Christmas dinner or lunch, many questions may arise. What makes up the Christmas dinner? What should be put on the table? What are the dishes that must not be missing from the Christmas food list?
2. The choice of Christmas dinner dishes is as important as the decoration. Photo by GNT
Here we’ll give you tips and show you beautiful Christmas table decorations and also options for your Christmas dinner menu. Check it out and find out exactly what to do to welcome your family members in the best way!
3. 3. Get inspired by table and Christmas dinner examples to make yours. Photo from Daqui Dali
Watch the video below with tips for Christmas dinner table decoration
Christmas dinner decoration
Doing the Christmas dinner decoration necessarily involves decorating the Christmas table. Of course there is the Christmas tree and the other details that decorate the house during that time, but for dinner, the table is the main one.
4. At Christmas dinner, the table is the main one. Photo by ShortList Dubai
We have some essential tips for those who want to make a beautiful Christmas table decoration:
For a traditional decoration, bet in shades of red, green and gold
If you want a Christmas dinner decoration that reminds you of the snow, keep the light blue, white and silver
5. White and silver can also look great at Christmas dinner decoration. Photo by Tactac
The most common is to reserve the center of the table used for Christmas supper for the decorations and leave the rest for the plates, cutlery, glasses and bowls
Some common Christmas decorations in Christmas supper are candles, Christmas balls, tree branches, mini Christmas trees, pinecones and if you want you can even leave little Christmas souvenirs for your guests.
6. Besides the big tree, the mini trees can also be used for Christmas supper. Photo by Pinterest
Worked tablecloths, with embroidery, printing or lace, are very welcome, as are treadmills, table rails, cloth napkins and American games
Fresh and dried fruits and chestnuts can also be used in Christmas table decoration
7. Christmas dinner table with nuts and fruit. Photo by Zajenata
Another natural element that looks beautiful at supper is flowers, which can be used as units or in arrangements
That dinnerware and the most beautiful dishes you keep for the best occasions are great additions to the Christmas table
8. The red dishes fit perfectly into Christmas dinner. Photo by Frend
What to do for a simple Christmas dinner?
Even with few resources or with little time it is still possible to make a beautiful Christmas dinner decoration. For this, the best way out is to bet on a simple Christmas table and possibly your manual talents to make some projects in the do it yourself style.
9. The simple Christmas dinner table decoration also has its charm. Photo by DIY Crafts
Glass containers, such as pots, cups and others, can become multi-purpose in simple Christmas table decoration. They can be filled with Christmas balls, flowers, candles, little lights, sweets and thus become beautiful table arrangements.
10. The colored Christmas balls follow the color palette of the Christmas dinner decoration. Photo by Hey There Home
Candles can also become a highlight on the simple Christmas table. Use different models and sizes to give the decor a fun look. If you want, a good option is to use colored ribbons around them to customize them.
11. You can also make decorations like that with bowls, flowers and candles at your Christmas dinner. Photo by HF Urbanismo
Christmas balls can also be used in various ways on the simple Christmas table. As we have already said, they can appear inside glass containers, but they can also be placed directly on the table or even hung above it, on the ceiling or on a luminaire, for example. You can also place beautiful Christmas cards to leave a special message on the table.
12. Christmas balls on the Christmas dinner table. Photo by Of Design
The tree branches, in turn, are perfect for a simple and rustic Christmas table decoration. There you can combine it with pieces of wood and pine cones.
13. Christmas dinner table with rustic decoration. Photo by Pinterest
Other natural elements that can be used to make a simple Christmas table full of charm are fruits and flowers. They give more colour and more life to decor!
14. The flowers can be very well used for Christmas dinner decoration. Photo from The Garden Store
Finally, no matter what the size of the budget or the time available, the important thing to do with the Christmas table decoration is to convey comfort and coziness so that the guests feel welcome.
15. The Christmas dinner with simple table decoration can also be very cozy. Photo of Inner Comodes
What’s the menu for Christmas dinner?
Christmas supper is synonymous with plenty! With many options of meat, side dishes, salads, a table of cold cuts and fruit and everything else, there is no other time in the year when a meal is as complete as that day.
16. This day is special, so it is celebrated with a good Christmas supper. Photo from Mom’s Tip
To help you decide what to do for your Christmas dinner, we’ll pass you a list of very typical Christmas foods and also some tips on how to calculate the quantities needed for everyone to be satisfied.
17. Salads and fruits are also part of the Christmas dinner menu. Photo of Natural Health and Beauty
What can’t be missing from Christmas dinner?
Whether it’s an economical Christmas dinner or a well-stocked with options, the dishes you choose are sure to be among those we have selected for our Christmas food list:
Entrée: breads, pâtés, cheeses, canapés, chestnuts, dried fruit and fresh fruit
18. Dried fruits and chestnuts are an essential part of the Christmas supper. Photo by Hortifruti
Main courses: turkey, chester, tenderloin, pork, chicken, fish, roast beef with potatoes, lamb and pasta
Side dishes: Greek rice, rice with almonds, mayonnaise, sausage, salad, farofa, vegetable soufflé, Moroccan couscous and lentil
19. Rice with Greek style is also very common at Christmas supper (it can be without raisins too). Photo by Best Friend
Dessert: panettone, chocotone, paschal colomba, toast, pave, pudding and blancmange
Beverages: champagne, cider, wine, juices and soft drinks
20. Desserts can also be many at your Christmas dinner. Photo by Twgram
It is not necessary to make all these dishes, especially if you are planning an economical Christmas dinner, but choosing some of the options from our list of Christmas foods, your dinner will certainly be great already.
21. Choose your menu and have a full Christmas dinner. Photo from MS Diary
Ah, besides opting for very tasty dishes, of course, it is also worth trying to make them beautiful, because the presentation is also important. Make a colorful rice (with or without the controversial raisin), put carnations in the tender, a farofa around the meat, decorated the trays with fruit, farofa, all this makes the difference.
22. Get inspired by the examples we gave here to make a full Christmas dinner. Photo by R7
And, whether it’s an economical Christmas dinner or a meal you’re going to waste, betting on platters and more beautiful dishes can also make your food even more appetizing!
23. The different crossbars go together and make the Christmas dinner beautiful. Photo by GlicOnline
Tips for getting the Christmas supper quantities right
Dried fruit is practically mandatory at Christmas dinner. So that everyone can try these delicacies, we recommend a quantity of 100 to 150 grams per person. For snacks, canapés and buns, it is estimated that the ideal is four to six units each.
24. You can also make a table just for your Christmas dinner. Photo by Info Kids
As for the meats for Christmas dinner, the calculation should consider that each person will eat an average of 200 grams. If most of the guests are men, increase that estimate a little.
25. Calculate the meat so you don’t miss Christmas dinner. Photo by Stanky Groove
One kilo of farofa, which is always present at the Christmas dinner in Brazil, gives, on average, 15 people. The same is used to calculate the amount of rice.
26. Knowing how to calculate the quantities at Christmas dinner is essential. Photo by Pinterest
To define the amount of Christmas cake, panettone or chocotone, consider that each person will eat about 60 grams. And, to calculate the amount of drink, keep in mind that a bottle of sparkling wine serves three people; a bottle of wine, five; and a liter of soda, three.
27. With the dishes and quantities set, just start the preparation of Christmas dinner! Photo from Peru
Gallery with more Christmas dinner table inspirations
28. The tender is a typical Christmas dinner meat. Photo from Wapa
29. The red tablecloth is a classic of Christmas dinner table decoration. Photo from Mauro’s Blog
30. Even at a small table you can make a good Christmas dinner decoration. Independent Photo
31. The red sousplat of Christmas dinner matches the candle and the traditional decoration. Photo from Nova24TV
32. Table with several candles and tree branches in the center of the Christmas supper. Photo of 100 Layer Cake
33. The pine branches and colorful decorations at Christmas supper stand out in the predominantly white decoration. Photo by A Pretty Life in the Suburbs
34. The decorations on the luminaires match the decorations and the Christmas supper treadmill. Photo by Alyssa Chia
35. The shiny gold trimmings go well with the Christmas supper. Photo from Amazon
36. You can also make an outdoor Christmas dinner table. Public Affairs Photo
37. The chess print also goes well with the Christmas dinner. Photo of Cap Exposé
38. A simple decoration also has its charm at Christmas dinner. Photo by Carla Aston
39. The plants and the bowls give the Christmas dinner table a touch of color. Photo by Chatelaine
40. Natural centerpieces look beautiful on the Christmas dinner table. Photo by Christ Church Colne
41. Another good example of natural decoration for the Christmas dinner table. Photo from Christmas 2018
42. The colorful sweets give color to the decoration of the simple Christmas dinner table. Photo from Christmas 2018
43. The wine shades also look great on the Christmas dinner table decoration. Photo from Christmassite
44. The decorations with white, red and gold are classic at Christmas dinner. Photo by Citrine Living
45. The rustic decorations can also be used at Christmas dinner. Photo from Country Living Magazine
46. The rustic decoration of the Christmas supper goes well with natural plants. Photo by Cuochie Cucine
47. Christmas supper table center with leaves and flowers. Photo by CurlyQue
48. Making the biscuit trees and using them as Christmas dinner decoration can be a good thing. Photo by Decoholic
49. Using paper trees for Christmas dinner is also something very interesting. Photo by DIY Enthusiasts
50. Glass vases with Christmas balls are great decorations for the Christmas dinner table. Photo by DIY Projects
51. You can also use glass mufflers with a little plant on your Christmas dinner table. Photo from Finding Home Online
52. The red sousplats go perfectly with the Christmas dinner. Photo by Garbo
53. You can also make your own customised bowls for your Christmas dinner, like these with gold paint. Photo by Hobby Craft
54. Round lights can also be used as Christmas dinner table decoration. Photo by HomeBNC
55. Christmas supper decorations made with candle cups. Photo from HomeBNC
56. White candles with red details at Christmas dinner. Photo from HomeBNC
57. These painted baskets are good DIY ornament options for Christmas dinner table. Photo by House Beautiful
58. Cloth napkins can be used during Christmas dinner. Photo by House Beautiful
59. If you have candelabras, they can also be used for Christmas dinner decoration. Photo by Ideal Home
60. The red plate rests in the shape of a snowflake seem to be made exactly for Christmas supper. Photo by Inspira Hogar
61. Glass vases with water, plants and candles look beautiful in Christmas dinner table decoration. Photo by Inspire Me Heather
62. Wooden table center with leaves and candles at Christmas dinner. Photo by Just Cope
63. Another example of bowls with leaves and candles at Christmas dinner. Photo by Cute DIY Projects
64. Another DIY option is to make colored paper cones to make the Christmas dinner table decoration. Photo from Midwest Living
65. The decoration is very sober, but the golden ornaments leave the Christmas supper more sophisticated. Photo by Nestled
66. Wine tablecloth with golden candelabra and flashes on the Christmas dinner table. Photo by North Mallow
67. Rustic wooden table center with glass jars with Christmas dinner candles. Photo by Pinterest
68. Cider pots with plants and candles in the center of the Christmas dinner. Photo by Pinterest
69. Decorative lamps like Christmas dinner table ornaments. Photo by Pinterest
70. Mini red Christmas trees matching the Christmas dinner decoration. Photo by Pinterest
71. Christmas balls can also be used as decoration on Christmas dinner plates. Photo by Pinterest
72. Golden treadmill with plants and candles on Christmas dinner table. Photo by Pinterest
73. Glass pot with Christmas balls and plants on Christmas dinner table. Photo by Pinterest
74. Pine cones and Christmas balls with glitter as Christmas dinner decoration. Photo by Pinterest
75. Transparent pot with balls and blinks at Christmas dinner. Photo by Pinterest
76. Christmas supper table center with various Christmas balls. Photo by Pinterest
77. Mini gifts as decorations for Christmas dinner table. Photo by Pinterest
78. Christmas dinner table centre with candles and light fixture decorations. Photo by Pracmatic
79. That Christmas tablecloth is perfect for Christmas dinner. Photo by Karsten
80. Christmas dinner table decoration made with fruits and twigs. Photo from Style Estate
81. Mini Christmas hats as Christmas dinner table decorations. Photo by Weddingomania
82. White platter with red Christmas balls and glass vases with flowers at Christmas dinner. Photo by White House 51
83. Golden Christmas dinner table decoration. Photo by White House 51
84. Simple Christmas dinner table decoration with purple Christmas balls. Photo by World Wide Press
85. Christmas dinner table decoration with miniature animals. Photo by SamsonPHP
86. Tones of red in the American game, cloth napkin and Christmas dinner cups. Photo by Splender