The wedding anniversary celebration is something very important for every couple, after all, it is another year of the couple united with much love and overcoming all obstacles along the way. The wedding anniversary is also known as the wedding anniversary, and as you can imagine, it happens every year on the date that the couple has chosen to establish their union.
And for you passionate couples who are thinking about having a wedding anniversary party but have doubts about this topic, we at Viva Decora have put together several inspiring tips to make your wedding anniversary party beautiful and unforgettable. Check it out!
1. Make a beautiful and romantic decoration for your wedding anniversary – Photo: Pesona Pengantin
Wedding anniversary year by year
The wedding or wedding anniversary, as you already know, happens every year on the day the couple’s wedding was made, but some years are celebrated with more party, because they indicate a significant passage of time for the couple.
So, see below the list with the main names of the anniversary years and understand a little of their meanings.
2. Invest in a decoration for the wedding anniversary party that has to do with the wedding that the couple is celebrating – Photo: From the Front to the Sea
1st Paper Wedding
The first wedding anniversary is called paper wedding, and it is so special because it marks the first year of marriage. The paper is chosen to represent this wedding anniversary, because the union is still young and needs to know how to take care of it so that it stays stronger every year.
15th Crystal Wedding
The crystal wedding marks 15 years of marriage, and the crystal is chosen for this celebration because it is a strong and pure element.
25th Silver Wedding
The silver wedding is undoubtedly a remarkable moment for a couple, after all, they are celebrating a wedding anniversary that already lasts 25 years. Therefore, it is quite common to have a big wedding anniversary party when celebrating the 25 years of union, gathering all family and friends on this very special day.
30th Pearl Wedding
Many couples also throw a big pearl wedding anniversary party to celebrate 30 years of union.
50th Golden Anniversary
The golden wedding anniversary is one of the most awaited wedding anniversaries, and not only for the couple, but also for the whole family, after all, few couples are able to maintain a beautiful union for 50 years of marriage. Gold is chosen to celebrate the 50th wedding anniversary, because besides being a resistant metal, it is also very valuable and durable.
60th Diamond Wedding
Valuable, resistant and hard, the diamond is one of the most valuable stones in the world, so it was chosen to represent the wedding anniversary 60 years, after all, it is a lasting marriage and that probably has passed through many obstacles, but nothing has shaken the strength and love of this union.
3. Have a special table for the couple at the wedding anniversary party – Photo: 100 Layer Cake
How to organize a wedding anniversary
Many couples dream of being able to celebrate with a beautiful wedding anniversary party, and of course, for this you need to know how to organize all the details, be it a simple wedding anniversary party or even a super sophisticated one.
The first tip to organize a wedding anniversary is to know which wedding the couple is celebrating, so you can think better in the details of the wedding anniversary decoration. For example, if it is to celebrate the golden wedding, i.e. 50 years of being married, it is interesting that the wedding anniversary decoration has several details in gold, from the birthday cake to the simple wedding invitation and even the table arrangements and so on.
4. Think about the decoration details for the wedding anniversary as the couple is celebrating – Photo: Ideas for Decoration
It is also important to remember that the wedding anniversary party doesn’t always have to be super grand. Nowadays many couples choose to have a simple and very intimate wedding anniversary party, just for family and close friends. This ensures that the couple can save money and so they can even make a new honeymoon trip.
But whether it’s a grand party or a simple wedding anniversary, it’s important to think of all the details, from the wedding anniversary decoration, to the renewal of vows, and of course, don’t forget to make a delicious menu that pleases both the couple and the guests.
If it’s a wedding anniversary by day the most interesting thing is to make a lunch or even a brunch, but if you prefer something more sophisticated, the tip is to invest in a wedding anniversary party at night with a nice dinner.
5. Invest in cozy lighting for your wedding anniversary party at night – Photo: Bride’s Pencil
Wedding anniversary cake
Something you can’t miss at your party is a beautiful wedding anniversary cake, and it is important to remember that the birthday cake should follow the same style as the rest of the party. So if you have opted for a more rustic decoration, choose a birthday cake that also has a more rustic finish, like a naked cake, for example, if it is a sophisticated party the cake should also have a more sophisticated finish.
6. Choose a birthday cake model that has to do with the rest of the party style – Photo: iCasei
Also remembering that the wedding anniversary cake may contain details that remind the couple which wedding they are celebrating. Therefore, if it is a silver wedding, the cake can be decorated with details in silver, already if it is a cotton wedding, the cake can have a sugar decoration that imitates cotton, so on.
In addition, it is also important to know how many guests the wedding anniversary party will have, as this makes it easier when choosing the size of the birthday cake. The most traditional are the famous wedding cakes with 3 or 4 floors, but for a simple birthday party and for a few people, the most interesting is to invest in, a smaller birthday cake, because this avoids waste.
7. Beautiful naked cake model for wedding anniversary decorated with white roses – Photo: Style me Pretty
See our gallery with more ideas for wedding anniversary party
8. The delicate finish of the wedding anniversary cake will make all the difference on your decorated table – Photo: Save the Bride
9. Wedding anniversary decoration with cotton details to put a touch of the wedding the couple is celebrating – Photo: Love Our Wedding
10. Idea for silver wedding anniversary decoration – Photo: Pinosy
11. Modern and delicate decoration for wedding anniversary with flower arrangement in dry twigs – Photo: Home Fashion Trend
12. Romantic details with flowers and candles for outdoor wedding anniversary decoration – Photo: Papo Glamour
13. Arrangement with leaves and white balls for simple wedding anniversary party – Photo: Home Decor Ideas
14. Flower arrangements can’t be missing in the decoration of your wedding anniversary party – Photo: Come Piace a Te
15. Simple flower arrangement for home wedding anniversary party – Photo: Home Fashion Trend
16. Golden wedding anniversary cake – Photo: Pinterest
17. Beautiful white and gold wedding anniversary cake decorated with white and red flowers – Photo: Assetproject
18. Wedding anniversary cake decorated with red fruits – Photo: 100 Layer Cake
19. Wedding anniversary cake decorated with roses – Photo: HappyWedding
20. Beautiful wedding anniversary cake with modern finishing – Photo: Glamour & Grace
21. To choose the right size of your birthday cake it is important to know how many guests the party will have – Photo: Danielle Noce
22. Delicate simple wedding anniversary cake – Photo: Pinterest
23. Simple wedding anniversary cake with personalized top – Photo: Weddbook
24. Traditional all white 2-story wedding anniversary cake model – Photo: Chic Vintage Brides
25. All white wedding anniversary cake decorated with orchids – Photo: A Thousand Party Tips
26. Simple birthday cake model decorated with roses and mosquito flower – Photo: Easy Weddings
27. The personalized sweets are also part of the decorated wedding anniversary party – Photo: Pinosy
28. Have you ever thought about decorating the chairs you’ll be using at the wedding anniversary party? It looks beautiful! – Photo: Glamour & Woods
29. Clean and delicate decoration for simple wedding anniversary party – Photo: Style Me Pretty
30. Decoration with colorful flower arrangement for wedding anniversary at home – Photo: Home Decoo
31. Outdoor wedding anniversary decoration – Photo: We Heart It
32. Outdoor wedding anniversary decoration with leaves and white roses – Photo: Pinterest
33. Simple and rustic wedding anniversary decoration – Photo: Linda Locações
34. Simple wedding anniversary decoration with foliage panel and flashing – Photo: Style Me Pretty
35. Delicate decoration for silver wedding anniversary with mosquito flower arrangement – Photo: House and Party
36. Modern wedding anniversary decoration with candles and delicate flower arrangement – Photo: Every Golden Detail
37. Modern decoration for wedding anniversary party with white flowers – Photo: Viva La Rosa
38. Simple wedding anniversary party – Photo: Wedding Trousseau
39. Simple and rustic wedding anniversary party decoration idea with colorful flowers and foliage – Photo: Wedding Forward
40. The hanging candles make the wedding anniversary decoration more beautiful and romantic – Photo: MODwedding
41. Rustic decoration for wedding anniversary party with lamps and flower arrangement – Photo: iCasei
42. Sophisticated decoration for golden wedding anniversary with white flower arrangement – Photo: House and Party
43. Sophisticated decoration for golden wedding anniversary party – Photo: Weddbook
44. Outdoor wedding anniversary party – Photo: Ruffled Blog
45. Invest in souvenirs for your wedding anniversary party guests – Photo: Pinterest
46. Wedding anniversary party decorated with white flowers and acrylic chairs – Photo: Weddbook
47. Rustic wedding anniversary party – Photo: Bel Ornelas
48. Simple wedding anniversary party decoration with colorful flower arrangement – Photo: Pinterest
49. Wedding anniversary cake idea decorated with flowers – Photo: Opulent Treasures
50. Idea of decorating wedding anniversary outdoors by day – Photo: Webcomunica
51. Invest in a beautiful arrangement of flowers to decorate the simple wedding anniversary table – Photo: HappyWedd
52. Choose carefully the cutlery, glasses and crockery that will be used at the wedding anniversary party – Photo: 100 Layer Cake
53. Idea for simple wedding anniversary – Photo: Baú das Dicas
54. Beautiful 3-story wedding anniversary cake with white roses and metallic detail – Photo: ELLE Decoration
55. Simple wedding anniversary table decorated with small flower arrangements and golden cutlery – Photo: Alluring Designs
56. Wedding anniversary table decorated with foliage and candles – Photo: Pinterest
57. Decoration for wedding table with leaves and white roses – Photo: Glamour & Woods
58. Decorated table for silver wedding anniversary – Photo: Decor-Ar
59. Decorated table for cotton wedding anniversary party – Photo: Fanny Soulier
60. Delicate table decoration set for wedding anniversary party – Photo: Pinterest
61. Simple decorated table for wedding anniversary party – Photo: Premier Table Linens
62. Golden wedding anniversary table decorated in Tiffany blue and gold – Photo: WeddingOmania
63. Rustic table for simple wedding anniversary decorated with lace path – Photo: Pinterest
64. Modern wedding anniversary cake model with pink flowers – Photo: Style me Pretty